Sunday, June 23, 2013

Worth the Rent

Pregnancy is the only time in a woman’s life she can help God work a miracle. ~ Erma Bombeck

I wasn't sure how I'd react to having a child. He's a part of us, but more than us. Now, I know. I'm floored. Every last pound we carried (well, Matthew didn't carry much on his little 8 pound frame!) was worth it. And we will journey on our way to each of us creating our healthy bodies!

On day 2, he was already looking around, impatiently wanting to participate in this new life he has - as were we. Although I have to be smart about my recovery from the c-section, he goes ahead, no holds barred, ready to grow, and grow, and grow.

Although parenthood is certainly an adjustment, this incredible little boy is worth every moment. He's been healthy, happy (except for those moments of zero-to-hangry in 30 seconds!) and wonderful.

As I watch my behavior, certain things come to light. Firstly, I don't want to do some of the things I used to do - eat poorly, speak harshly, or have a short fuse. They have lost their appeal. As much influence as I know I will have on this little boy's life, he already has an amazing hold on mine. 

Here's to being a better person, and a better mom, every little bit at a time. 

Each child is an adventure into a better life, an opportunity to change the old pattern and make it new. ~ Hubert H. Humphrey

2 comments:

  1. He's quite the little man isn't he! Can I borrow him? (After being burped, fed and a diaper change of course!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he is quite the little man. He's unreal. Wait til you see his goofy pic in the next post!

      Delete